Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Okay Ladies you can change a flat tire yourself!!!

So, since I drive an hour to and from work for a minimum wage job, and the wires on my tire are exposed, AND the sucker is going to blow any second, I thought it would be helpful to find out how to change a tire. Ladies you can do this yourself!!! But, it's always a good idea to do things as safe as possible.

Things I always keep in my car in case something happens:
* I ALWAYS have my cell phone on me. Even if you have to get a cheap pre-paid phone and slap a few dollars on it with a few minutes. You should always have one of these on you. Pay phones are rare, and in some cases are no where to be found. For safety you should have one to call 911.
* Make sure you have a spare tire or doughnut in your trunk.
* Make sure you have to jack and all the tools you will need to change a tire.
* Have a flare or triangle shaped road hazard warning tool so that traffic is aware you are there.
* Keep a gas can just in case you run out of gas.
* Have a gallon of water in case your car overheats (or maybe in a severe case drinking water)
* disposable camera in case you get into an accident. Or in some cases you might have a camera on your cell phone.
* pen and some paper.
* first aid kit. (make sure everything is up to date and not expired or dried out)
*Tampons!!! you laugh but I cannot tell you how many times I have been out some where and I have saved the day! :)


**** For detailed instructions on how to change a tire please look at this awesome link I found.

Enjoy and be safe!!! :)

http://carrepairguide.org/Basic-Car-Repair/how-to-change-a-flat-tire-step-by-step-.html

No comments:

Post a Comment